Karingal is a not-for-profit organisation that commenced
services in Geelong in 1952.
It was established to improve the quality of life for people
with a disability by providing and promoting valued services, care
and supports in:
- Personal development
- Education programs
- Vocational placement, training and support services
- Accommodation and associated support services and
- Aged care and related services.
To ensure these services and supports are delivered in a timely
and effective manner Karingal undertakes to:
- Promote the organisation, its services and purpose
- Encourage partnerships with all levels of government,
businesses and potential funding bodies
- Undertake ventures and business enterprises that promote
Karingal's purpose and
- Promote membership of the Association to the Karingal
Karingal is an Aboriginal word meaning 'happy home' or 'happy
Today Karingal comprises of a nine member Board, over 1500 staff
and over 150 volunteers.
- Accommodation, respite, home-based and day activities for
people with a disability and their families across the Barwon South
West of Victoria and in the Mornington Peninsula
- Aged services and mental health support across the Barwon
- Employment in a supported environment in an Australian
Disability Enterprise across a range of Geelong locations
- Employment services, including disability employment
services, in Queensland, South Australia and Victoria,
including a specialist service for people with a disability, from a
total of 57 locations.
- Accredited and non-accredited training throughout Victoria,
specialising in training for the Community Services sector and
foundation skills courses
- Community engagement brokerage services in Geelong and
Karingal Inc. (Vic) Limited Liability
Reg. Assoc. A0038261E | ARBN 158
375 903 | ABN 97 468 305 401
News | Annual Reports | Work With
Karingal | Volunteer at Karingal
Karingal | Contact Us
City Pathways combines wellness and employment
Melbourne City Football Club and MatchWorks launched their third
employment program collaboration this week - City Pathways.
City Pathways assists people to gain a holistic approach to
managing wellness and links this with their approach to finding
Aspiring leaders share ideas at Eastern Hub
Aspiring leaders throughout Karingal participated in the
Introducing Great Leadership Program at Eastern Hub
The blended learning program was aimed at providing participants
with an opportunity to further develop their leadership skills and
gain a better understanding of their capabilities as leaders.
Standing up to bullying
Taking a stand against bullying was the talking point at
Karingal Training's Werribee office after a visit from Brodie's Law
founders Damien and Rae Panlock on Tuesday 6 September.
Karingal Big Night Out
Friday, 18 November, 2016
Save the dates for the 2016 Karingal Big Night Out, which has The Roaring Twenties as this year's theme.
Hundred Hole Hike 2017
Friday, 20 January, 2017, 5:00 AM
The Hundred Hole Hike is on! Walk 100 holes of golf in a day to raise money for Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) or join us for an evening of music at Music to a Tee.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Get all of Karingal's latest news and events straight to your inbox.