Karingal is a not-for-profit organisation that commenced
services in Geelong in 1952.
It was established to improve the quality of life for people
with a disability by providing and promoting valued services, care
and supports in:
- Personal development
- Education programs
- Vocational placement, training and support services
- Accommodation and associated support services and
- Aged care and related services.
To ensure these services and supports are delivered in a timely
and effective manner Karingal undertakes to:
- Promote the organisation, its services and purpose
- Encourage partnerships with all levels of government,
businesses and potential funding bodies
- Undertake ventures and business enterprises that promote
Karingal's purpose and
- Promote membership of the Association to the Karingal
Karingal is an Aboriginal word meaning 'happy home' or 'happy
Today Karingal comprises of a nine member Board, over 1500 staff
and over 150 volunteers.
- Accommodation, respite, home-based and day activities for
people with a disability and their families across the Barwon South
West of Victoria and in the Mornington Peninsula
- Aged services and mental health support across the Barwon
- Employment in a supported environment in an Australian
Disability Enterprise across a range of Geelong locations
- Employment services, including disability employment
services, in Queensland, South Australia and Victoria,
including a specialist service for people with a disability, from a
total of 57 locations.
- Accredited and non-accredited training throughout Victoria,
specialising in training for the Community Services sector and
foundation skills courses
- Community engagement brokerage services in Geelong and
*To find out more, use the menu on the left of the screen.
Karingal Inc. (Vic) Limited Liability
Reg. Assoc. A0038261E | ARBN 158
375 903 | ABN 97 468 305 401
News | Annual Reports | Work With
Karingal | Volunteer at Karingal
Karingal | Contact Us
Job seekers get Deadly
Six Indigenous job seekers from the
Broadmeadows area recently graduated from MatchWorks' Deadly Yakka
program, helping them in their journey to find sustainable ongoing
Winter Workplace Big Day Out
Thursday, 28 May, 2015, 9:00 AM
Employees from a range of local businesses and people who have disabilities will join together for an inclusive day of fun activities.
Karingal BacLinks Breakfast
Tuesday, 2 June, 2015, 7:30 AM
The BacLinks members breakfast provides an opportunity to network and engage with local businesses and professionals.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Get all of Karingal's latest news and events straight to your inbox.